Timbergrove is looking for a kick-ass Senior Front End Software Developer.
This is a remote, part-time position (20 hrs per week, approximately 4 hours/day), and No third-party applicants, please.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION
Timbergrove is a Houston-based creative technology studio and consulting firm focused on innovation. Using leading-edge technologies, we apply user-centered design to integrate hardware, software, and cloud into unique solutions to solve complex business problems.
We’re basically like one of those cool Silicon Valley companies, but with better BBQ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be developing web and mobile applications for customers of Timbergrove. These web and mobile applications would be either products that our clients want to develop but don’t have the staff to develop, or they will be products for internal consumption in their journey of digital transformation.
The Senior Front end Developer will also identify and keep abreast of technology markets and concepts. It is their duty to identify and communicate front-end best practices to the team, enhancing efficiency and performance across the department. They will research and evaluate new methodologies and technologies that improve the quality, reliability, and performance of the front-end department’s site/software development systems and processes.
RELATIONSHIPS – WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH
You will be reporting to the Director of Operations/Project Delivery and will work with our Chief Architect and the Project Manager in the assigned projects.
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time Angular development experience required
- A mastery of key design principles and industry best practices.
- Experience using responsive and adaptive design to produce code that renders on platforms from phone to 4k monitor.
- Should have on the order of ten years software development experience, including:
- At least several years of both Angular and React experience.
- Experience consuming RESTful services.
- Experience working with Git repositories.
- Familiarity with database concepts, both RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Experience with database development is a plus.
- Experience developing code in an AWS environment is a plus.
- NodeJS experience is a plus.
- React Native experience is a plus.
- The ability to coach junior developers is a must.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- A good singing voice (gotta keep that company Zoom acapella group strong)
No formal education requirement. A computer science degree is nice, but a solid Bootcamp and related experience can work as well.
At Timbergrove we love people. No, really. With BBQ sauce (kidding!) The Senior Front-end Developer must also be a likable and approachable person who easily builds lasting and meaningful connections with others. They will be a people person who inspires trust and confidence in others, who will then readily follow their insights and directives.
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION
Initially 3 months, but if the candidate works well, we can consider making it ongoing and even increase the weekly hours to full-time.