Do more with less. That’s likely the message you’re getting these days. Your challenge is to improve operational efficiencies, reduce downtime, and better utilize the big data across your enterprise—all while racing against market factors beyond your control. Especially if you’re in an industry that’s been rocked by downsizing, automation and access to actionable data are keys to getting more out of your enterprise. But whatever your industry, success relies a great deal on the best use of resources.
That’s why it makes sense to operate in a cloud environment. While there are many benefits to operating in the cloud, we’ve narrowed the field to six that we feel are key:
- Real-time visibility: Cloud solutions are imperative for operations that span broad geographic areas—including the globe. Data integrated from instrumentation in the field, internal (back office) operations, and external sources can give you valuable, real-time visibility into all of your systems. From land and right-of-way issues to managing your fleet to monitoring rigging location and activity, cloud connectivity can keep critical information at your fingertips, allowing you to sense and respond to events, reducing downtime and costly errors.
- Greater connectivity: Cloud solutions can collect and transmit data from even the most remote locations, safely and effectively. Let’s face it, in a world where a single company’s operations are spread across the globe—sometimes on land and at sea—it takes a robust IT infrastructure to keep everything connected. The cloud lets you more affordably offer a secure IT environment for your organization’s applications, wherever you operate.
- Predictive capabilities: Cloud solutions let you better analyze your data, allowing you to monitor performance indicators and identify trends that can help you predict events before they occur. In addition to better decision-making capabilities, being able to avoid problems can result in reduced impact on your operations, on your enterprise, and on the environment, along with safer working conditions for your team.
- Scalability: The cloud rises head and shoulders above other resources as a scalable solution to the “do more with less” message. The cloud provides you resources on-demand to help you better manage the peaks and valleys of activity your enterprise. Provisioning from the cloud on-demand enables you far greater flexibility and agility in managing the end-to-end lifecycle of the assets in your enterprise, eliminating the need to constantly upgrade servers and hardware to meet expanding and changing demand.
- Cost savings: There are few resources better than the cloud for saving you money. As a service-oriented resource, the cloud allows you to pay only for what you need, when you need it. The cloud also allows you access to potentially greater computing and storage resources more affordably than on-site servers.
- Upgradability: Few expenses can be more frustrating than the constant upgrades needed to stay at the forefront of technology. Besides the time and expense involved in your IT team performing mundane upgrades, maintaining on-site software can take your highly paid team away from the more valuable activity of strategic planning. With the cloud, your team can more easily roll out security and feature updates, and new applications can be deployed faster with cloud computing—often it’s just a matter of choosing from an online catalog.
Technology and automation are keys to getting more out of fewer resources, and using the cloud is one of the best ways to gain an edge over competition in these tough times.
To implement a cloud solution for your enterprise, contact Timbergrove Solutions, an IBM Advanced Business Partner. The knowledgeable professionals at Timbergrove can implement a cloud solution that will improve your organization’s performance, save you costs, and better align your IT resources and capabilities.